Lights, Camera, Action! How to create great personalised valuer videos
Personalised valuer videos are a great way to stand out from other agents and are a simple and effective way to offer something memorable to your clients. Using Acaboom these can be filmed on your phone and added to your marketing proposal anywhere.
If you are concerned about how to create great videos, read on!
- A great video doesn’t have to be studio lit. The nature of shooting from a smartphone means that they can feel organic and natural. You may want to invest in a smartphone tripod to film at the office, or if you plan to film from your car, then a smartphone holder to clip onto your dashboard. This will keep your phone steady. Amazon have many cheap options.
- You may want to invest in a branded pull up banner if you want to film with your brand logo at home or in a meeting room at the office. There are plenty of options online under the cost of a pizza dinner!
- Worried about sounding nervous or stitled? People tend to say “um” and “err” if they aren’t sure what they are going to say. That’s why keeping a script or bullet points just behind the camera can really help you. Your first few videos might feel unnatural, but the more you do, the better they will be.
- Trial run before you hit send and get into the swing of things. Then watch your own videos back – are you covering key points? Could you trim anything out? Short is best! Jot down your own natural points you would cover if you were explaining in person and use this as the basis of your script.
- Made an error? You can edit the video later! Don’t stop recording – just start talking again from the beginning of your script and then edit the finished video from your phone. (Open the Photos app and tap the video that you want to edit. Tap Edit. Move the sliders on both sides of the video timeline to change the start and stop times. To preview your trimmed video, tap the play button . Tap Done, then tap Save Video or Save Video as New Clip.)
- The human attention span is getting shorter each year, so make the first 15 seconds really count, and keep it punchy! Take a look at a real video here!
- Film it as close to the appraisal appointment as you can. This will keep details fresh in your mind and you’ve already been ‘warmed up’ by talking for some time. It’s far easier than recording back at the office when there are distractions or you’ve had your head in paperwork.
Scripting your personalised videos
It’s key to keep your personality alive by being natural but to avoid awkward moments, a script is your best bet! Here are some helpful scripts you could copy.
Download our examples of personalised video scripts to use, and build your own.
Need any more support? Just reach your account manager to discuss!
← New slides released with updated property market trend information based on customisable geographic areas
Acaboom rated as top 5% ‘Exceptional’ Supplier in best EA Supplier Guide 2021 →